Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bears and Wrestling Guys

Somebody has been using my camera to take very important photos of very important things. I see there is at least knitting and spinning in the photo so I will assume it was meant for the blog.

In other knitting news I have completed socks, a hat, a teddy bear and 1 - 1/2 koigu socks. The completed socks are for my stepmom, knitted from Socks that Rock, colorway Lagoon.

The hat is for my dad and that is also knitted from Socks that Rock (double strands), colorway Obsidian, knit on size 8 needles. Pattern is this one from Garnstudio.
And last but not least a teddy bear for my son. He has three bears that he has had since birth and has played with them since he was able to grab them in his hands. They are starting to wear so I asked him if he wanted new bears and he said yes. In the pic is one of the bears, a Boyd's bear named Hershel, given to him by my BF Jill. The bear pattern I used was Best Friend Bears from this year's IK holiday issue. Knitted with worsted wt. Misti Alpaca (just under 2 skeins), Knitpick's Option needles size 4. I would say the pattern was very well written and except for the arms the bear is knitted all in one piece using short rows.

Next up will be the Koigu socks I'm working on, the annual trip to The Fold and fiber and spindle acquisition, and some fiber gifted to me by my friend Madame Purl which is destined to be sock yarn!

2 Comments:

Blogger Madame Purl said...

What a cute bear. That is too funny about him using the camera and how he got fiber in the shoot. (lol)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That hat is a great color! If you kind of cross your eyes, you can see a very subtle swirly pooling action. Very cool!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home