Thursday, January 04, 2007

Holiday Gifts

Now that the holidays are over I can get busy and hopefully post on a more regular basis. My Christmas knitting was limited to a scarf and hat for my sister and a crocheted scarf for my mother. I will post those later but for today I will show you some other fiber projects that I made for gifts. As always, click for bigger and sorry about the non-artsy floor photos.

Though not practical, these potholders were fun to some crewel work on. I've been wanting to get back into embroidery and crewel so this was a good project to start on. These were gifted to my sister-in-law.



I also made some beaded necklaces and bracelets this year and the next photo is a little pouch that I made to put them in. I used two methods of felting. For the larger pouches I did the conventional felting with water, soap and agitation. When I found some thin areas I then used my Clover 5-needle thingy to add more fiber. Then I did some crewel and the button is an antiqu eglass one from my button stash. This pouch went to my best friend.

My friend also stated that she wanted a felted bowl like the one I had made myself last year so I set to work on that and this is what I ended up with. Again, conventional water, soap, agitation and then dried over an oblong bowl that I had to give it shape.

Lots more photos to post on some projects finished the past few days but for now I'm out of here, I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and hopefully will come home with a new coat today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Purl said...

Love the crewel work on the pot holders and bag. Everything turn out fabulous.
Really you've given me the idea to embellish my new walking hat. Thanks so much for the idea!!!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home