Thursday, February 23, 2006

Don't Piss off the Knitting Gods

I've really put off writing this post, there will be no gold metal here on this blog. Last week the Everest Vest was cast aside and has not been picked up since. I really wanted to make this vest, complete it in the 16 days allotted but it just isn't going to happen.

In an earlier post I had stated that I was having tendon and wrist problems. Even after the tendon and wrist started feeling better and I tried knitting on the vest, there's just something about the Silky Wool that really aggravates my hands and wrist. This does not make me happy. I think I will really like this vest, in this yarn, if I can ever get it finished. I'm just going to have to take my time with it and knit it in small increments.

So instead of working on the vest, I've been spinning and finishing up (cough), a long overdue Christmas present. Yes, I am ashamed. My poor sister's hands are freezing because I didn't finish her Latvian mittens. I am a bad, bad sister. I have been working steadily on them and plan on finally giving them to her this weekend.

I'm feeling like such a knitting loser. I suppose I don't have to fess up these things here on the blog but the knitting Gods smite me. And I'm pretty sure that until I reveal my knitting misgivings to the world they are not going to let me have one moment of knitting joy.

I have yarn to show, soon to be finished mittens and some pretty handspun to show you all in the next post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lene said...

Someday I'm sure.

But you have all this lovely wool waiting to be spun... Have the wheel turning and let the knitting rest!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Good Luck with your Veste Everest. That was my project as well - I did finish mine - just... and in thr process wore myself down into getting the flu. I plan to make the vest again, this time lengthening it.

Jo

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home