Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Though a day late, happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Mine was good though I spent most of it sick and very busy (which is why I just couldn't recoup). I kept trying to get to the computer but it was an entire week that I was away, no email, anything. That is unheard of in these parts.

I didn't meet all my knitting deadline. My poor sister received 1-1/2 mittens which I then had to take back so I can finish them. My sister-in-law was very excited about her socks. It's so nice to have someone love your knitting so much. I had also made some fingerless mittens for my friend in a purplish-black alpaca with a lace cuff. They came out really nice and now want to make myself a pair. With all the holiday madness I totally forgot to take pictures of the knitted items before they went to their recipients!

I scored some Christmas knitting goodies. Four new books:
Knitter's Stash, The Art of Fair Isle Knitting, Folk Mittens, and Vogue Knitting Reference Book. I'm not sure about the Vogue Knitting one. I looked at it briefly and not sure if it really meets up to what I had hoped for. I have several reference books but thought this one would be another good edition to the library.

I also received four skeins of alpaca, a couple of table baskets, a big basket from my sister-in-law with lotion, candles and 2 skeins of novelty yarn inside and a pattern for a dog sweater (which needs more yarn but bless her heart, she tried). There were many other things but I think that's all in the knitting department. Birthday month is coming soon (February) so I have to start thinking about what I want for that. I bought myself my wheel last year so it may be a day spent going to
The Fold and getting wheel accessories and fiber.

I really need to finish my sister's Latvian mittens. I tried to work on them last night, all I have to do is the braid then it should go quickly but I kept fumbling with it and finally gave up and went back to a pair of socks I am working on. I've had the pattern and yarn for a year and many of you may have already knit them. It's the Cascading Leaves pattern from the Yahoo group
Townsend Socks Knitalong. After I finish the mitten I need to get back to the alpaca sweater and finish it. I guess I haven't been too anxious to work on it because I am afraid it will be way too warm for me to wear. What was I thinking knitting it in Alpaca? Most of the time I am hot and so if wearing a sweater it must be lightweight and usually cotton. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find and opportunity or two to wear it.

For resolutions, well, I have way too many. Last year was a very non-productive year for me and I hope to get more on-track with everything I want and need to do. My friend Rose got a Procrastinators Planner for Christmas and I may just have to have one of those. I need something to kick start my ass into gear.

Ok, if you're still here, thanks for reading. I'm starting to ramble so I'm outta here and promise to post some pics next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home