Wednesday, November 16, 2005

On Feminity

Sorry for the lack of knitting. I've been really busy the past couple of days and have not had much knitting time. Hopefully tomorrow a couple of WIPs will be featured as FOs!

As I was loathing every minute while merrily shopping at my local grocer and grabbing for some paper towels this elderly lady says to me, "Don't you ever tire of wearing jeans?" I turned around and looked at her and said "No, not really." She then tells me that it's not very feminine. *Blink*

I look at her and she is wearing plain brown slacks, a "blue jean" jacket (faded from time), and her shoes were like slipper sneakers, beige with some spots. I just didn't get it.

It's very seldom I ever leave the house without looking feminine.

  • Hair and makeup [check]
  • Nice jeans and sweater [check]
  • Jewelry [check]
  • Nice jacket [check]
  • Nice shoes and bags [check, I'm all about my shoes and bags!]

Perhaps she was just trying to start a conversation? Or rather, I could have looked really ratty, but as long as I was wearing slacks instead of jeans I would pass for feminine? Still shaking head. Wonder if my plaid, cotton jammy pants would have gotten a reaction? Not that's there's anything wrong with that. I've been tempted and may have worn them to the gas station once or twice. And since I'm fessing up I'll also admit the hair's not always done, cuz Rose might tell on me for that one :D I have gone out on occassion with my hair looking really strange (usually pinned up with funky clips are hair pins). I'm like that though, I like weird hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth S. said...

People are strange, that's for sure. Sounds like a classic case of Crazy Old Bat. ;-)

2:59 PM  
Blogger KirsiÄr said...

Hi!
Just dropped by to say hello. And to thank you for visiting my blog. But tell me, how did you find it?
Kirsi from Finland, mostly in jeans (due to the weather and all)

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home