Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Twisted with Sticks and Wheels

The yellow, red, green is some Wensleydale that I am spinning on my wheel in thick/thin. I plan on using this for a Dale of Norway hat and mittens.

The blue, purple is some gifted roving that if I remember correctly is merino and tencel, navajo ply. No plans for this yarn yet.

The drop spindle is a new acquisition, a Kunert with some bird's eye maple, my favorite! It spins beautifully and when I remember where I placed the little tag I will tell you the other wood that's mixed in.


What's on the spindle and noddy is some more merino tencel. Thin singles but will probably navajo ply
it on my wheel when I have it all spun up. Another yarn I haven't made plans for... yet.

For being self-taught a little over a year now (and having gone months without spinning at all), I don't feel I'm doing too bad.
The Fold is the closest shop to me and I plan on going and taking a lesson or two, probably after the holidays. If you are ever in the area of The Fold, I tell ya, stop in. Toni has a great selection of fiber to choose from, a really good selection of drop spindles, yarn, books and all kinds of other goodies. She's fabulous to deal with and I guess it's a good thing for me that it's not a real quick trip or I could get myself in some serious trouble :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home