Friday, November 11, 2005

No, I'm Not Knitting any Sweaters. Really, I'm Working on Christmas Gifts!

In an earlier post I had promised a pic of the cabled turtleneck I am working on.

Specs
Pattern: cabled turtleneck #23 from Vogue Holiday Knitting 2004

Yarn: Catalina baby alpaca

(Note: chart is printed upside down in magazine!)

I had hope to have this done by Christmas but I've been cheating on it with another quick knit. Why can't I be faithful like some knitters. I am convinced that if I was my life, in general, would be more organized!

It all started at my LYS. I was happily knitting away on the cabled turtleneck when the owner showed me a big box of Manos she just got in. For quite some time I was calm and just thinking about the different colorways and which one I liked best. Well, by the time I left I had a bag with 7 skeins of a colorway I wouldn't normally have chosen but the greens in it were calling to me and I just couldn't help myself. I didn't even have a specific project in mind. Well that all changed as I started going through books and magazines and then came across this pattern I had been wanting to make for some time.

I tried to find a pic online but had no success so I had to take a picture from the magazine.
















Specs
Pattern: Vogue Fall 2003, Oscar de la Renta garter stitch cardigan
Yarn: Manos colorway 116


I'm almost finished with this one, about 1/3 of a sleeve to go, blocking, sewing and crocheting and it will be done! I hope to be able to wear it by Sunday.

I took a bunch more pics this morning of completed and UFOs so come back soon and check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home