Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Mitten Update III

Finally some FOs!













The specs:

Pattern: Maimv's Mittens
Book: Folk Knitting in Estonia ~ Nancy Bush
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull

I knit these on size 1 needles, bamboo dbl pointed. Though tight, they do fit but next time I will use a size 2 if I use bamboo. I notice when I turned the mitten inside out that a couple of my woven ends are starting to come out a bit. No worries, I probably weave them in way too much as it is so they should be ok.















Pattern: Combination of two charts
Book: Latvian Mittens ~ Lizbeth Upitis
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull

Since there were 72 stitches to this pattern I ended up using a size 0 aluminum.

Yes, I like baby Dale, so far. I hear it pills but since I've only worn the Estonian pair a few times I guess time will tell. I have recently purchased about 7 different solid colors of Opal sock yarn and I think I will try that on the next pair.

For the blog, I had hoped to get a picture of me wearing the sweater but since that hasn't happened yet I will leave you with these photos. The first blocking, before the finishing, was a light steaming. For the final bath I used tepid water with some vinegar and Eucalan but the Manos still bled a lot. Though it bled, I don't really notice much color change when I compare the sweater to the leftover yarn. The buttons I chose for this are antique silver flowers.


Pattern: Oscar de la Renta garter stitch cardigan
Magazine: Vogue Fall 2003
Yarn: Manos colorway 116

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens and the sweater are stunning!! I'm definitely inspired. I've heard the Dale is really nice to work with. i hope it doesn't pill.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Beautiful! Nice job on the mittens (I'm itching to do some more) and sure hope you still plan to post a pic of the cardi being worn. Looks like it turned out great!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home