Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympic Update

Thursday night I was doing some beading. I had read the warnings (linked from Stephanie's blog) about knitting injuries. I took heed but didn't think about it again and then proceeded to do the beading. Trying to get the needle through the too small holes and using that pinching grip over and over. The next morning I woke up and the tendons below my thumbs were really ticked off. I also have a small ganglion cyst on my wrist and it wasn't too happy either. Not off to a great start.

I cast on around Friday at 3:30 pm but knitting has gone slowly. I've had to try and adapt my knitting as not to further aggravate the tendons and wrist. I've made progress but I am a few inches behind where I want to be. Something tells me this may not go as I had hoped. I thought I would really like this yarn for the vest (Silky Wool) but I am not pleased with the unevenness of the stitches. I'm sure part of it is due to my knitting but I think part of it is also the yarn. I thought about ripping and starting a new project but decided to stick with it and hope that it looks better after it is washed.

I have lots of goodies to show from my trip to The Fold but will save them for the next post.

3 Comments:

Blogger the sideshow podcast said...

silk DOES look better when it's blocked, but it can be hard on your hands to knit. :( At least it was on mine. (I did a clapotis in koigu with no problem. I did one in the lion & lamb silk, and my hands were killing me.)

My wrist's not happy with me today, either. I may end up having to get one of those "injured knitter" buttons if it keeps up. :(

9:30 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

I think it looks great. Sorry your having hand problems. If you don't want to spin tomorrow - no problem we can postpone it for another day when your hands feel better. Just drop me a line.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I just (8weeks ago today) had my ganglion removed from my left wrist, I had been ignoring it for 20yrs. It would come and go. I had one on right wrist but it went away. But the left this year got worse and worse, and it was time to do something when could hardley bend my wrist and it pained all the time.
It is still hurting after 8 weeks , and I can’t load my wrist at all, but the movement is better.
You can see my story at www.geoffreysweeney.com/wrist-ganglion-removed

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home