Sunday, January 07, 2007

Drive By Blogging

Just a quick post to get some pictures up that I don't want to forget to post, mostly for archive purposes. As I said in my last post, I did very little Christmas knitting this year.

I've really been making an attempt to keep better notes, even started a nice binder and everything but when making my gift this year I didn't stay true to my new system so details are very sketchy.

Crocheted scarf for mom.
Specs:
Pattern: just double crochet length-wise
Yarn: Berroco Glace' ~ color 2864
Size K crochet hook
Skeins used: 2

This scarf only took a few hours to make.


Scarf and hat for sister.
Specs:
Pattern: none really. co 30 sts (I think) and brioche stitch
Yarn: Mountain Colors ~ Obsidian
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 9
Skeins used: 1 -1/2



Hat
Pattern: Just casted on some stitches, brioche stitch until I needed to decrease and then joined and continued in k1, p1. I was running out of yarns so I had to make this hat shorter than I would have liked. And I had a heck of a time getting my decreases right so it didn't end up pointer than it already is.
Yarn: Mountain Colors ~ Obsidian
Needles: Knitpick Options size 9
Skeins used : 1/2

Beaded bracelets.
Gifts to teachers and to my best friend. Mostly crystal beads.










Watch for mom.
The strands are not twisted like it looks. I really wish I would have gotten better pictures of this stuff but I was in a hurry. My mom said she always has a hard time finding a watch that will fit and so I made her this one and she absolutely loves it. I used turquoise, glass and silver beads. I can't take credit for the design, there was a similar bracelet at the bead shop and so I based it on that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Purl said...

Very nice gifts!!!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home