Sunday, January 07, 2007

Colorways

A long time ago I bought some Dazzle yarn to make a easy quick wrap. The wrap ended up not being wide enough and so for a couple of years I debated frogging it and re-knitting it into something else. I still had 2 full skeins left and a partial 3rd. This Fall I pulled out my scarves, hats, etc. and there was the "almost wrap." With the help of my friend we decided that it actually looked pretty good as a wide scarf. There, problem solved. Now there is something I found odd about this yarn. Different company, different weight, yet same colorway as a sock I was working on. Both yarns bought at the same store and I think around the same time and maybe this is more common than I think but I found it peculiar. One thing I did notice is that Trekking is a German yarn and the tag of the Tahki Yarns ~ Dazzle said that it was dyed in Germany so I assume they were dyed at the same place?

So I finished up the sock I was working on and then pulled out the 2 plus skeins to make some fingerless mitts ( I had given my Fetching pair to my sister). When finished with the fingerless mitts I still had 1 full skein and now 2 partial skeins so I decided to make some little slipper socks. Now those are finished and I still have 2 partial skeins left. This is the yarn that seriously will not go away! My neck, hands and feet will be covered so I guess I need to make something for my head and then I remember Knitty's calorimetry so I made that. Finally, as Mr. Chicken will demonstrate the best he can, I was almost out of yarn.

Now for the projects and yarn info. Click for bigger.











Socks
Pattern: basic
Yarn: Trekking ~ #800
Needles: Knitpicks double points #2

I probably should have put both items side-by-side but trust me, they are the same even though the photos are a bit off in color depth.





Fingerless Mitts
Pattern: my own
Yarn: Tahki Yarns ~ Dazzle ~ color #05
Needles: Knitpick Options #9 (magic loop method used with 32" circ)



Footies
Pattern: my own
Yarn: Tahki Yarns ~ Dazzle ~ color #05
Needles: #9 bamboo double point

Calorimetry
Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Tahki Yarns ~ Dazzle ~ color #05
Needles: Knitpick Options #9

I tried to get a good pic of the button but it just didn't want to be photographed (even with the macro setting and sunny) so it's a tad blurry.

Can you tell I really like this colorway? So much so that I when I bought each of these yarns it did not dawn on me that I had the other one. That happened some time later.

And someone, please tell me, for the love of Pete why do I continue to knit socks on 3 mm needles? I have knitted around 10 pairs of socks and finally realized that maybe I should go down to a 2.5 mm. I'm working on a STR pair and even though I am a tight knitter I am much happier with the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home